CPD for centre staff/students participating in HNCs/SVQs in Social Services, Childhood Practices and Healthcare 2018/2019
On behalf of the Appointee Management: Training team may I warmly welcome you to a course that will enable you to keep up-to-date with the changes in legislation, which may impact on your centre. Such legislation relates to the following qualifications:
- HNC Social Services
- HNC Childhood Practice
- SVQs in Social Services (Children and Young People)
- SVQs in Social Services and Healthcare.
The course has been developed to assist those Assessors/Lecturers and Internal Verifiers who deliver the aforementioned courses.
Reading the information and completing the activities on this course will enable you to claim that you have updated your knowledge and have a practical understanding in relation to the legal, policy and procedural issues within your occupational area of expertise.
Completion of this course could contribute to your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) if you opt to include these activities in you CPD log or record.
This course is restricted to SQA Appointees.
This course addresses valid, reliable, practicable, equitable and fair assessment with regards to:
- Sampling and coverage for Coursework and Question Papers
- Level of demand
- Command words
- Item writing
- Use of context in questions
- Marking schemes
- Extended responses
- Models for marking
- Setting coursework tasks Writing Added Value Unit tasks
The purpose of this training is to:
- provide you with an overview of the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)
- introduce you to the SCQF level descriptors and characteristics
- offer you the opportunity to allocate level and credit points to Units and a qualification or learning programme