This accessibility statement applies to the SQA Academy website.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- use different devices to access the website eg PC, tablet or phone
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using browser functionality
- zoom in up to 500 per cent without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- interact with most of the website using a screen reader (including recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We provide alt text or descriptions where appropriate for graphics and closed captions or transcripts for the videos. We also try to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
If you have a disability, AbilityNet has "how to" guides you can view to make your device easier to use.
Feedback and contact information
Contact us if you have an accessibility query including:
- if you have any problems accessing information or using this website
- if you have any positive feedback about this website's accessibility
We aim to respond in 2 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We're always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we're not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact us to report this. This helps us improve.
What we're doing to improve accessibility
We test the website every 12 months using https://wave.webaim.org/ and fix any accessibility errors we find.
We will periodically commission a report by an external specialist organisation to identify accessibility issues that we may have missed.
We are training staff in accessibility awareness and clear and confident writing.
The accessibility statement was last updated on 18 January 2023.